FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Choosing between Datsun 260Z, a Holden TX SL and a Celica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brossy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Choosing between Datsun 260Z, a Holden TX SL and a Celica Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it.

So I'm a 17 year old student, who doesn't know a huge amount about cars, but I'm slowly learning.

I always loved the look of some of the old classics that have been modernised and I am currently looking for a car which I plan on keeping and cherishing for a very long time.

I have ended up with three budget cars which I love the look of (although I'm completely open to suggestions of similar cars) and I have to make a decision.

*Datsun 260Z
*Holden Gemini TX SL
*Toyota Celica RA23 LT

I am more drifting towards the Datsun or Holden though.

As this would be a daily car, can anyone tell me what I need to be carful of (such as quickly wearing down a motor) and therefore which car to avoid.

I would love to be able to create my own custom car, although I don't know how convenient it would be for the cost as I am not very wealthy at all.

So my main question is, should I choose a car which has already been done up, and if so which one. ie:
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Gemini-1976/SSE-AD-2044246/?Cr=12

Or should I buy a cheaper non-done up car, such as many Datsun's available on carsales.com and modify it myself, and once again which one. The end result I would be in search of would be along the lines of this.
http://www.downshiftaus.com/2010/cotton-wool-no-thanks/

The non-performance modifications on this Datsun 240Z are in the following list. Can anyone give me a rough quote on how much they think all of this would cost (not including a paint job)

Wheels
Work Equip 01s Rear:1510 -22 Front: 15x 9.5 -26

Interior
Bucket seats
Nardi steering wheel
Hydraulic handbrake
Defi tacho
Defi Link control unit
Electric water pump controller and temperature gauge
GReddy gear knob
Pioneer head unit

Body
Front air dam
BRE spoiler
ZG flares
JDM fender mirrors
Series 2 260z bonnet vents
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: