FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Automobile Museum of Tasmania

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> CAR MUSEUMS AND OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: National Automobile Museum of Tasmania Reply with quote

National Automobile Museum of Tasmania

Situated at the corner of Willis & Cimitiere Streets in Launceston this museum houses a selection of privately owned motor vehicles and comes alive with four sensational theme displays each year.

There are also constantly changing exhibits in the main hall and the mezzanine floor is packed with motorcycles.

The high class displays on offer to the general public requires time and money, a great deal of dedication by volunteers, enthusiasts and the owners of exhibits who offer their cars, motorcycles and memorabilia to the museum. This generosity and the dedication of these people, the Board of Trustees and the general public that ensures this museum continues to function.

Contact and Admission Details:

- The museum is located at Cnr Willis & Cimitiere Sts, Launceston, Tasmania, 7250, Australia.

- Postal address: PO Box 895, Launceston, Tasmania, 7250, Australia.

The Museum is open 9 am - 5 pm, Winter 10 am - 4 pm.

- Tel: +61 03 6334 8888 Fax: +61 03 6334 8889

Admission:

Adults $11.75
Seniors $9.00
Children Under 16 $6.50
Family $30.00
Annual Admission Pass $29.50

PS: My cousin visted this Museum last week and was very impressed with the quality and diversity of exhibits, both car and bike.

JEff - Editor
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin sent me some pics from his visit to the National Automobile Museum of Tasmaniain Launceston which will give you some idea of the quality and variety of the cars and bikes on display at this impressive venue.

JEff - Editor COA

===============================================

carmagreviews

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos this musum has been around for around 40 years I am sure i documented a visit by Eddie Ford in his Restored Magazine (I indexed most of those from #1 Sep 1973 to 1985) in the 1970s interesting to see the Ford Falcon XB Coupe with unusual paint work believe could be a rare Goss Special?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> CAR MUSEUMS AND OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: