FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editors TOP CARS - No: 4 - Ten Cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CarsofAustralia.com.au Forum Index -> Editors selection of TOP CARS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Editors TOP CARS - No: 4 - Ten Cars Reply with quote

Note: my selection of the cars are in no particular order of preference.

CAR NO: 1

This lovely blue and white coupe which I am guessing is a circa 1955-1956 model Oldsmobile ??? was at the Tea Gardens Hawks Nest Motor Club's annual Motorfest held on Saturday 8 March at Hawks Nest Sports Oval north of Newcastle. It is a BIG car and just the perfect choice of transport to take to a drive-in on a Saturday night with your significant other next to you on the front bucket seat........that's my idea of a great night out !!!

I just think this coupe typifies the American design spendor of the fifties that provided us with so many many sensational looking sedans, coupes and convertibles.

CAR NO: 2

This Black 'convertible' ???? was on display at the Isabella and Marcus Fund Classic Car Day held on Sunday 2 March 2014 at Bonbeach Sports Reserve, Oval 5 Bondi Road in Bonbeach, Victoria.

It is just an interesting looking car which is maybe a early sixties American Ford Galaxy or Ford Fairlane ????

I'm guessing it was a hearst in its former life.......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

CAR No: 3

Another car from the Isabella and Marcus Fund Classic Car Day. This Batmobile was built in 2007 based on a 1970 VG Valiant that had been turned into a convertible (reading the billboard on the front of the pic here).

I just think these types of 'cars' appeal to a very special type of car enthusiast who is prepared to build/buy a car like this !!!!

They are certainly a lot of fun when they turn-up at a car show and really do add something special to any car display.

CAR No: 4

The pic of this Valiant Charger R/T was taken at the Phillip Island Classic held in Victoria on the weekend of 8-9 March 2014. The R/T is an iconic Aussie muscle car (assuming you are from the school that allows non-V8 vehicles to wear this badge) and I have always liked this mustard colour which really does stand out when such a car is on display with a line-up of other cars. I have a memory of the Police getting Valiant Charger highway patrol cars when I was growing up out in country NSW and seeing them flash past out on the highway at really high speed a few times.........my re-collection is the Chargers replaced the Mini Cooper S which the local highway patrol apparently disliked immensely, especially one police officer from my township who was known as 'Lurch' at around 6ft 5". He looked extremely ackward as he climbed out of his tiny Cooper S to book some unsuspecting driver Smile Smile

CAR No: 5

This Commodore was at the 6th running of the Ultimate Burnout Challenge staged at Avalon Raceway near Geelong on Saturday 15 March 2014 and I just think it looks great. The unusual combination of the red base colour in tandem with what looks to be a yellow/mustard colour (maybe the same as the R/T Charger above) is eye-catching. An interesting but effective decision to place a black line down the side of the car between the two colours. Add a nice choice of wheels and the monster engine-bay set-up to this Commodore and you have just the car to quietly drive down to the shops on a Sunday morning (not) Smile Smile

CAR No: 6

Pickups have become more and more popular among car enthusiast in Australia over the past few years and this Ford looks way-cool with its colour combination of dark/light green, orange and white + white walls always complete any package. The Ford was on display at the annual Bushrodders Picnic held on Sunday 16 March 2014 at Yea Recreation Reserve in Victoria. Smile

CAR No: 7

This Hot Rod Coupe was one of 300+ entrants as Echuca-Moama came alive with hot rods and custom cars on the weekend of 14, 15 & 16 March 2014 for the bi-annual Rich River Rod Run. I just think the combination of the green and orange with white walls and a orange flame down the side of the coupe looks simply stunning.....I really do like the colour Smile The Coupe would be a suitable book-end to my No: 6 choice eh Smile

CAR No: 8

I always admire a vehicle which is nicely understated and this beige two-door Ford sedan Hot Rod matches this statement perfectly. You do not see a lot of two-door sedans from this era at car shows around Australia. This pic was taken at Alby's Eastlink Supper Cruz on Thursday 20 March 2014. This monthly event is hosted by Alby and the Eagles Rod & Custom Club in Melbourne.

CAR No: 9

Another pickup in my inaugural Top Ten Cars of the Month is this flat-grey Ford with a gloss black top, another great colour combination + a 'small' suspension change. Here you have a ride that I would gladly take cruising anytime. This pic was taken at the Wandin Custom Car and Bike Show held at the Wandin East Recreation Reserve on Wednesday night 19 March 2014.

CAR No: 10

I have chosen my tenth and final Car of the Month choice based on nostalgia. When I was growing up in a small NSW country town in the 60's one of the local lads (John) repainted his EH Holden in a purple colour which was close to the colour of car above. His newly painted EH really did cause quite a stir because no one has ever painted their car so bright in the town before. I have memories of John in his 'hot purple Holden' often parked outside my school waiting to pick up his girlfriend who was still a student at the time. As the number plate on this EH Holden from Perth states Johns car always "MadeULook". Smile Smile

EH pic taken at the 21st Annual Twilight Cruise on Saturday 15 March 2014 hosted by the Ace Ford Club Inc. The cruise set out from Curtain University Car Park, off Hayman Road, Bentley at 5pm for a leisurely cruise to Pinjar Park Motorcycle Speedway, Neerabup in WA.

.....Jeff (Editor)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CarsofAustralia.com.au Forum Index -> Editors selection of TOP CARS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: