FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editors TOP CARS - No: 1 - five cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> Editors selection of TOP CARS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Editors TOP CARS - No: 1 - five cars Reply with quote

Note: my selection of the cars are in no particular order of preference.

CAR NO 1:

I really like the appearance of the Rover P5. Some may say they were an 'English gentlemans car' in their day,

This Rover sedan would look superb with a bit of a tweak and turned into a tasteful street machine i.e lowered a bit......let's say 2" all-round, add a 5 speed geabox, warm-up the V8 a little with a stage 2 cam, a set of coated extractors, throw on a stainless steel dual exhaust system, but don't touch the wheels as they really do suit the car.....you get my picture..........just a really nice looking and comfortable car to cruise in Smile

This Rover P5 was one of 20 cars from the Western Australia Rover Owners Club and the Riley Motor Club of Western Australia that cruised to the West Coast Motor Museum in Mandurah on Sunday, 29 June 2014.

CAR No:2[/b]

This American pick-up was on display in Perth at the Hot Rod & Street Machine Spectacular held on the weekend of 14 - 15 June 2014 at the Claremont Showground, Claremont WA. This year about 200 cars were on display.

I think this pick-up really does 'look the part'.

Imagine this vehicle all carefully painted in a lime green, red or even a black. It would still look fantastic BUT the overall 'image' of this pickup would be so vastly different.

I simply like it just the way it is Smile

CAR NO: 3

I'm thinking this very tasteful American muscle car is a late sixties or very earliy seventies Dodge ??. It looks good in the colour of green and the wheels with thin "red-walls" look great.

The 'Dodge' was on display in Melbourne at the Muscle Car Expo staged on the weekend of 31 May - 1 June 2014. The event provided an opportunity for car enthusiasts to see iconic muscle cars from the 60's and 70's. On show were original, modified, barn-find and survivor cars and vehicles from the Mad Max Collection were a special feature this year.

CAR NO: 4

Another coupe on display at the Muscle Car Expo in Melbourne during June was this HK Holden Monaro GTS. This model was such a stylish car in its day (and still is eh !!!) and really captured the attention of car enthusiasts throughout Australia when it was launched. The owner of the BP servo in the country town that I grew up-in purchased a new 327 HK Monaro in the colour of green (the big daddy of the Monaro model range) and was the envy of most people in town (well most men anyways !!!)..........and his Monaro always looked stunning parked in his BP service station.

CAR NO: 5

This is a very nicely restored Ford Fairlane (Compact) which might be a 1963 model. These were a step above the Ford Falcon back in their day and not a common sight on the roads. The Fairlane was on display at the Alexandra Truck Ute & Rod Show on Sunday 8 June 2014 in Victoria.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> Editors selection of TOP CARS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: