FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perplexing Brake Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> TECHNICAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anhevius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Perplexing Brake Issue Reply with quote

Morning everyone!

So, I've bought a car, and come across a strange issue that I've personally never seen before. (Car is a 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX with the 2.4L engine, manual trans).

The brake pedal squishes straight to the floor. It DOES provide some stopping power, but not very much.

When driving though, or running the engine, you can pump the pedal several times and get pressure for a few seconds (with the engine revving higher from load), and then it gets squishy again.

I'm thinking the lines are just slam full of air, and will be bleeding them out weekend after this one (the previous owner did put new fluid in the system when the master cylinder was replaced, I think he did it wrong).

Could this be booster related though? Normally with boosters, you just get an extremely stiff pedal, not a squishy one, in my experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> TECHNICAL FORUM All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: