FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rewiring 1962 fj40 Need lots of help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> TECHNICAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Alt wire to starter or battery
Starter
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Battery
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Zilmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Rewiring 1962 fj40 Need lots of help Reply with quote

Hi I am new to this and new to electrics I am doing up a 1962 Toyota fj40 with a HZ Holden 253 and have started to rewire the whole car from scratch all old electric have been scrapped . I have a lot of questions I'll start at the beginning and see what happens .
1 The Battery leads . Iv googled a lot and have been told multiple different story's and no wiser for the efforts . But the + cable I have running to the starter motor . My battery is located under passenger seat I will get lengths and sizes I have .

Q1 what's the best size cable for this I have a really big wire will measure it soon and let you know the size .

Q2 best size for negative cable I have my big wire going to the mounting bolt on the starter motor and also a smaller one going to chassis is that ok ? I have been told that main cable is the only wire that should go to negative terminal ?

Q3 . Alt wire should this go to the starter or back to battery ?

I have a lot more questions but will start with this see if anyone is willing to help me with info I will get my info and measurements and drawings of what Iv done so far and get back on here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> TECHNICAL FORUM All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: