FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-running classic car needs new tyres - advice please? :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Non-running classic car needs new tyres - advice please? :) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here, and hoping to learn more and ideally get some advice on the rather awkward situation my own car is in...

I have a classic car (Humber), which unfortunately isn't running currently.
It used to run fine, started reliably etc., but it's been stored in a garage for a few years now (I was away), and this is where the issue is..

- the car currently doesn't start (engine turns over but doesn't kick in)
- the tyres are shot and need replacing (all 4 are flat and I honestly don't think could be inflated much/safely, if at all now)
- I only have about 1 metre on one side of the car, and 50-60 cm on the other (garage is relatively narrow)
- I've been told the tyre guys who can come to your home and change the tyres in-situ need approx. 1 m around the car for access.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is now, given the potential access issues with changing the tyres. I have a small build, so I can physically fit around the car with no problems, but I'm not sure about jacking the car up to remove the wheels, or access for tyre people to come change the tyres :/

My initial plan was to get the tyres replaced, and then get a mechanic to look at the engine.

My question is, if it was your car, would would you do?
Deal with tyres or engine first?
When dealing with tyres - try to change the tyres without moving the car, or do something else??

I'm hoping someone could give me some ideas/guidance on this - all suggestions welcome!

Thanks very much.
blackhood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not really sure if GJ drivelines https://gjdrivelines.com.au/has a classic car tyre check them out but they have the best car service
YoungJulian34

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic car lover usually prefers to buy different types of tires from Coker company. They always produced cool and stylish models which always fits perfect on the car. Personally I use BFGoodrich P235/60R14 Radial T/A 38765 now but I have a few Coker models in my garage as well and they look really great. Also I want to take out my baby from the garage because I didn't dive it this winter. So I need to find the best winter tires for this season. Because my car should always have the best materials on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: