FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COA Motoring Quiz - No: 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> CARSofAUSTRALIA MOTORING QUIZ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: COA Motoring Quiz - No: 23 Reply with quote

Q1. Which Ferrari was named after the son of Enzo Ferrari who was killed in a car accident?

Q2. Which car model was named after the man who founded Detroit?

Q3. Brock ventured outside Australia to race on a number of ocassions in New Zealand, the UK and in Europe. He entered the Le Mans 24 hour race on three ocassions and successfully qualified and raced twice in the event. What type of cars did he drive in those two races?

ANSWERS TO ALL THREE QUESTIONS ARE BELOW:

ANSWERS:

A1. Dino

A2. The Cadillac

A3. The first was in 1976 driving a BMW 3.0 CSL, then in 1984 driving a Bob Jane T-Marts sponsored Porsche 956 with Larry Perkins.

Last edited by editor on Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall Brock racing in Belgium for the Spa round of the World Touring Car Championship 24-hour race in 1987, not just at Le Mans.
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harv,

I did more research and yes indeed Peter Brock did much more racing outside of Australia than stated in my earlier COA Quiz post.

His international racing career included:

- Peter Brock won the Nissan Mobil 500 (New Zealand) in 1986, 1987 and 1990.

- Peter Brock won the Kings Cup for team finish (three Commodores) in the 1987 SPA 24 Hour Race and he came second in the same race in 1977 driving a Vauxhall Magnum 2.3 Litre

- Peter Brock also drove in the 1986 European TOCA Touring Car Champoinship. He didn't finish at Monza, came 5th at Donington and 5th again at Hockenhiem.

Thanks for picking up the factual error in my earlier post which I have now corrected.

Best regards

JEff G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> CARSofAUSTRALIA MOTORING QUIZ All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: