FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for ideas for a vintage car stage set piece

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Looking for ideas for a vintage car stage set piece Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new around here. I'm in the process of putting together a mock up of an old vehicle for the purposes of a stage production. The car in question is a 1932-1934 Ford Model B V8, as seen here http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/images/car_info/ford_model_b.jpg

Fortunately I won't be recreating the entire vehicle, or even a whole shell, in the interests of ease of movement and keeping costs down. Rather, I'm planning to build only the front facade of the car, as well as a bench seat and steering wheel. Essentially the set piece will only ever be facing forward towards the audience so the sides, back, etc. won't be showing and the model itself won't need any depth.

I think I should be able to cobble together parts for the front grille, the lights, the steering wheel and the seat. But the fenders/front guards elude me. Authentic recreated fenders for this type of vehicle would cost $2000-3000, and I just don't have that sort of money for an amateur theatre show.

I'm looking for some ideas on either how to make these myself, or alternatively buy mocked up, possibly plastic, versions that will look good enough from afar.

Thanks in advance.
Q
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: