FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinion on rust prevention products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to protect my vehicle from rust and looking for the product that inhibits further spread.
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Fish Oil on the inside panels of my classic cars in the past, simply spray the oil anywhere you can on the car and hope for the best Smile
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

I was also looking for the same type of product. Some more tips to prevent your car from rust, keep metal surfaces dry- whether you wipe them off after use, or protect them with paint, lacquer, lubricant or wax. If you are going to spray your car with anything flammable. make sure the engine is cold and give it some time for the vapors to clear up before you fire it up again. Try to avoid spraying on your exhaust or mufflers so they don't get to smelly when hot.
Evelyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For rust prevention, I used to wash my vehicle on regularly basis. For best results, I use “Rust Bullet” rust protection as this is the all in one rust protection & corrosion control product that provides protection from steel rust, iron rust, metal rust and metals corrosion.
Napier Leo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eastwood Company offers a rust converter and a rust encapsulator, both accessible in brush on or spray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    carsofaustralia.com.au Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: