FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editors TOP CARS - No: 3 - Five cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CarsofAustralia.com.au Forum Index -> Editors selection of TOP CARS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Editors TOP CARS - No: 3 - Five cars Reply with quote

Note: my selection of the cars are in no particular order of preference.

CAR NO 1:

This 1930 Model A Ford in a very nice colour combination was on display at the WA Classic Car Show held at Whiteman Park, Perth on Sunday 27 April 2014. Hosted by the Council of Motoring Clubs it is the largest display of collectable vehicles in WA and caters for a wide range of motoring enthusiasts. Each year the show attracts around 1,000 cars and over 20,000 spectators to Whiteman Park. This year about 100 car clubs were represented and despite some inclement weather, crowds again turned out in force.

The Ford Model A was manufactured from 19281931 and was another huge success for the Ford Motor Company, after its predecessor, the Model T which had been produced for 18 years. The range of body styles ran from the Tudor at a price of US$500 to the Town Car with a dual cowl at US$1200. When production ended in March 1932 over 4.8 million Model A's had been made in all styles.

CAR NO 2:

This Mercury convertible (maybe a 1950 or 1951 Mercury Eight model ??) was displayed at the Melbourne Old School Cruisers Anzac Cruise Night on Friday 25 April 2014 at the Chadstone Shopping Centre. The choice of colours really adds to the appeal of this convertible.

CAR NO 3:

I have always had a soft spot for big Cadillacs............it goes back to when I was growing up in West Wyalong in the sixties and our neighbour was a wood chopping champion who had purchased a caddy during a visit to the USA. His Cadillac made quite an impression on the locals of this small NSW country town. This black Cadillac was at the Melbourne All American Day held on Sunday 13 April 2014 and hosted by the AOMC.

CAR NO 4:

My mothers brother had a black one of these back in the sixties when I was growing up and he once allowed me to drive it (I could barley see over the steering wheel) and it clearly had a lasting impression upon me.........Colin was and still is a car guy and must be partly responsible for my love of cars. This Mercury (probably a 1948 Mercury Eight model) was also on display at Melbourne's All American Day at Flemington Racecourse.

CAR NO 5:

I have always liked the AP5 and AP6 model Valiants especially in white. That said, this red AP6 looks great !!!! The pics was taken in the carpark at Cocomo's at Stud Park Shopping Centre in Rowville, Victoriaon on Sunday 27 April 2014 at the Eagles Rod & Custom Club Inc monthly breakfast get together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CarsofAustralia.com.au Forum Index -> Editors selection of TOP CARS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: