FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COA Motoring Quiz No: 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CarsofAustralia.com.au Forum Index -> CARSofAUSTRALIA MOTORING QUIZ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
editor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: COA Motoring Quiz No: 13 Reply with quote

Q1. How many Volkswagen Beetles were sold between the first produced model in 1938 and the last model in 2003 ?

A. There were 21,529,464 Volkswagen Beetles of the same basic design sold worldwide between 1938 and 2003.

Q2. The late Australian motoring journalist Peter Wherrett is best known as the host of the ABC TV program 'Torque' which ran for eight years.

Wherrett also drove at Bathurst in 1969, 1970, 1974, '75 and 76. He drove for three different manufacturers during his racing at Bathurst. Can you name the three companies ?

A. 1969 for Mazda, in 1970 for Ford and in 1974, '75 and 76 for Alfa Romeo.

Q3. How many Leyland P76 vehicles were produced in Australia.

A. There were 18,007 vehicles produced at the Zetland manufacturing plant in Sydney plus Leyland Australia produced some 56 or more Force 7 coup├ęs which were never officially released. Following the demise of the P76 model, the majority of the Force 7 Coupes were crushed at the factory to enhance the value of the 8 that were auctioned off to the general public in 1975.

JEff - Editors Note: My father and I went to this auction in Sydney and I can recall there being very spirited bidding for the Force 7 Coupes on the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CarsofAustralia.com.au Forum Index -> CARSofAUSTRALIA MOTORING QUIZ All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: